There is such a difference between aluminum alloy handle and zinc alloy handle
Aluminum alloy and zinc alloy handles are one of the very common hardware accessories in our daily lives. Their excellent performance and outstanding performance have won the choice of many household consumers. Next, we will discuss the difference between them. To explain, I hope it will be helpful to everyone in mastering this knowledge.
1. Comparing aluminum alloy handles and zinc alloy handles, each has its own advantages. It depends on where it is used. The main difference is that the die-casting cost of the zinc alloy handle is cheap, but the die-casting cost of the aluminum alloy is quite expensive.
2. With regard to the price of aluminum products, aluminum alloy handles have an advantage. A handle of the same size is more than half the weight of a zinc alloy. In addition, the additional cost of electroplating is higher than that of oxidation. Of course, it is cheaper to use aluminum profiles. Aluminum alloy has good plasticity, but low strength, but high specific strength.
3. Zinc alloy materials have higher strength and compressive strength than aluminum alloy profiles, but they have no absolute boundaries. The relative density of aluminum alloy profiles is small, and the strength is also great. Like 2*** series and 7*** series aluminum alloys, their strength is very high, and the compressive strength is also relatively good. Pick it up, the zinc alloy material is heavier.
4. The finish of aluminum alloy is better. Zinc alloys of the same weight are cheaper than aluminum alloys. In fact, due to the higher density of zinc alloys, the price difference between the same volume of zinc alloy and aluminum alloy will not be too great. Compared with high-quality 304 stainless steel and copper, it is more cost-effective and more suitable for ordinary household use. Aluminum alloy is not easy to oxidize, but its strength is not as good as zinc alloy materials. Zinc alloy materials are prone to air oxidation and mildew in the air for a long time, and will become very brittle and easy to break after a long time. Under normal circumstances, there is no problem with hardware locks. No matter what the material is, as long as the lock itself is all normal, there is no big difference between which material is used.
5. Aluminum alloy has low density, but high strength, close to or exceeds high-quality steel, good plasticity, can be processed into various profiles, has excellent electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance, and is widely used in industry The amount used is second only to steel. If the structure and die-casting technology allow it, of course it is more cost-effective to use aluminum alloy.
6. The specific gravity of zinc alloy is about 2.5 times that of aluminum alloy, and the price is equivalent, so the material cost of zinc The alloy is two or three times higher than aluminum alloy. Now, many companies want to use aluminum alloy instead of zinc alloy in order to save costs, but because of the strength, hardness, and formability of zinc alloy, there are also products that cannot be replaced.
7. If the surface of your product needs to be polished and the coating is required for high appearance quality, you must use zinc alloy. The material of the aluminum alloy handle is difficult to meet the high surface quality requirements, the aluminum alloy has poor die-casting formability, the product surface has many pores, and the surface quality after plating is poor.
Through the above simple expressions, we know the difference between aluminum alloy handles and zinc alloy handles. Different materials play their own value in different fields and provide a lot for our lives. Convenient, I hope this explanation will help you to purchase aluminum alloy handles and zinc alloy handles. If you want to know more about handles, knobs, and hand wheels, please pay attention to Yantai Tanjia Precision Machinery.